Top 10 Security Tips for Debit Cards and Online Shopping
By Natalia Arana
Published on November 12, 2019
Banesco USA offers you a series of products and services to help you avoid risks with your debit cards or online shopping. Because your security is our priority here are our top 10 Security Tips:
- Never provide personal information, such as passwords, bank account or credit card information in response to unsolicited email or telephone requests.
- Change your passwords regularly and avoid choosing passwords that are easily guessed.
- Activate alerts for withdrawals and deposits in your BanescOnline account. Remember that this tool will help you monitor the transactions made in your different banking products. For more information on creating alerts on BanescOnline, click here.
- Never click on a link in an unsolicited email.
- End the BanescOnline session as soon as your bank transactions are completed. Never leave the computer unattended while you are logged in.
- Do not use public computers, or public or unknown Wi-Fi, to access your accounts.
- Review account statements regularly to ensure all charges are accurate.
- Take outgoing mail to the post office, rather than placing them in your home mailbox.
- Maintain your contact information updated within your online banking so we can keep you informed.
- Destroy old personal information such as checks, expired credit cards, items with account numbers and pre-approved credit card solicitations in a shredder.
Remember to always contact us to report any suspicious account activity or information security-related events.
To contact a Client Care Specialist call toll free from:
Monday to Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Or visit one of our Business Centers. For our locations click here.