Business Continuity Measures
Business Continuity Measures:
If the need to close our Business Centers arises, we are prepared to conduct all business services remotely. Our internal Emergency Management Team has met, reviewed the Business Continuity Plan in place and enhanced our contingencies to make certain that we can be fully operational regardless of an office evacuation, if necessary.
In the case that some of our team members become ill, we have contingencies in place to make sure that other team members can step in and provide continued services.
We are committed to delivering our services and support to customers without interruption. We are confident that we have taken the right steps to ensure the processes, policies, and infrastructure are in place to continue with off-site business services and support for an extended duration if needed.
We will make sure that we continue to monitor the situation and communicate proactively and transparently with you, as we have additional information. We are here for you as a partner, so please reach out to us to let us know what we can do to help should you, your business or employees be impacted.
Finally, please know I have asked our employees to minimize contact with others and practice social distancing. Postpone weekend gatherings or unnecessary activities. We all are better served by staying healthy and avoid getting the virus. We invite you to join us in this effort by making similar adjustments to your daily routines.
Thank you for your attention to this matter that continues to unfold and change daily. We are prepared and ready to assist our customers in any way necessary.
Nuevos BanescOnline y BanescoMobile
The New BanescOnline and BanescoMobile
Banesco USA’s New Online Banking Platform FAQ
Banesco USA Celebrates Opening of New Innovative Banking Center in Aventura
Leading South Florida bank partners with Don Soffer High School to launch new branch
Miami, FL – September 30, 2019 – Banesco USA, South Florida Business Journal’s 2019 Business of the Year, celebrated its expansion to Aventura with the opening of a new innovative banking center located at Aventura Park Square, 2980 NE 207th Street, Suite 106 Aventura, FL 33180. The standing-room event featured remarks from Aventura community leaders Major Enid Weisman, Don Soffer High School Principal David McKnight, and Rabbi Mendel Rosenfeld from Lubavitch Aventura South.
“We are thrilled to open our new, innovative banking center, providing our loyal customers with a sense of what banking in the future might hold,” said Jorge Salas, President and Chief Executive Officer of Banesco USA. “These days customers demand convenience, technological speed and flexibility, yet always with a human touch. That has been our mantra at Banesco USA from day one, now embodied in this branch and in the dynamic and growing Aventura market,” he added.
“We’re so excited to be giving back to the Aventura community through a commitment to Don Soffer High School” said Carlos Palomares, Banesco USA Chairman of the Board. “It’s a great honor to be a part of this project, which has as its main mission to ensure that students achieve their academic potential, achieve financial literacy and a greater understanding of the banking profession,” he said.
The full service-branch includes an intelligent ATM (ITM), teller cash recycler (TCR), iPad Stations, consultation rooms and high-end projection monitors to deliver the best of balance among convenience, technology, flexibility and personal touch. In addition, the branch provides clients 24/7 access to the ATM and deposits by swiping their debit cards for access.
The branch’s open floor plan and architectural elements aims to create a different banking experience that’s more welcoming and collaborative for clients. The space features an overhead wood ceiling that unfolds and greets visitors with dynamic angles while glass and high ceilings provide ample natural light and connection to the surrounding area.
Banesco USA has been on a successful run this year with record-breaking quarterly results, the acquisition of Brickell Bank, being named Business of the Year for 2019, and a recently raised Fitch Rating outlook to Positive. With the opening of the Aventura banking center, Banesco now has six branches in South Florida and one in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Opening Video: Click Here
About Banesco USA
Founded in 2006 and based in Coral Gables, Banesco USA is an independent Florida state-scharted bank (https://bansecousa.com/OFR-Cert-of-Good-standing.pdf) with $1.87 billion in assets as of August 30,2019. The bank has six branches in South Florida: Coral Gables, Doral, Hialeah, Weston, Aventura and Brickell (with the recent acquisition); and one in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Banesco USA, South Florida Business Journal’s 2019 Business of the Year, has a 5-star rating from Bauer Financial rating service and recently raised its Fitch Rating outlook to Positive. Visit, www.BanescoUSA.com for more information.
Pinta for Banesco USA
(305)615-1111 ext. 114
Fitch: Banesco USA’s Outlook Positive
Industry Ratings Analyst Validates the Bank’s Strategic Plan and Performance
MIAMI, FL – September 9, 2019 – Fitch Ratings announced it has revised Banesco USA’s Outlook to Positive while affirming its rating at ‘BB-‘.
“We view this rating action as a validation of our strategy and our ability to execute. We’ve worked diligently to grow our business organically and through acquisitions and we keep gaining traction both domestically and internationally,” said Jorge Salas, President and CEO of Banesco USA, commenting on Fitch’s rating announcement.
Fitch views Banesco’s recent acquisition of Miami-based Brickell Bank as a reasonable opportunity to expand its South Florida franchise and gain greater scale in segments in which it already operates. Successful integration of the acquisition, including the bank keeping capital in-line with historical levels, would likely trigger additional positive rating action.
“At Banesco USA we are extremely proud of what we have accomplished. We continue to accelerate investments in products, new branches and cutting-edge technology. In just a couple of months we will be launching our new online and mobile platform that will elevate our customers’ digital experience to the next level,” CEO Salas mentioned.
After the capital injection of $12 million at the end of 2018, the bank is positioned to have another record-breaking year in terms of asset growth and profitability.
Read more: BusinessWire
About Banesco USA
Founded in 2006 and based in Coral Gables, Banesco USA is an independent Florida state-chartered bank (https://banescousa.com/OFR-Cert-of-Good-Standing.pdf) with $1.4 billion in assets as of June 30, 2019. The bank has six branches in South Florida: Coral Gables, Doral, Hialeah, Weston, Aventura and Brickell (with the recent acquisition); and one in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Banesco USA has a 5-star rating from the Bauer Financial rating service. Visit www.BanescoUSA.com for information.
Pinta for Banesco USA
(305) 615-1111 ext. 114
Our hearts go out to the people in the Bahamas. We are collecting hurricane relief items at our South Florida Business Centers. Please join us in helping them by donating any items from the list below. Items will be collected at Banesco USA Business Centers. For addresses please visit the following link: Banesco USA Business Centers- Drop-ff locations We will be collecting items on September 20th, 2019
- Batteries (Especially D)
- Face/Dust Masks
- Gas Containers
- Small Generators
- Masking Tape/ Marking Tapes
- Power Strips
- Extension Cords
- Large Trash Bags
- Zip Ties
- Non-Perishable Foods
- Took Kits
- Wheel Barrels
- Packing Boxes / Packing Tape
- Can Openers (Manual Only)
- Paper Towel / Toilet Paper
- Disposable Plates / Utensils
- Baby Food & Formula
- Pet Food
- Work Gloves
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Hand Sanitizer
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Soap (Bar or Liquid)
- Toothpaste / Toothbrushes
- Bug Repellant
- Hair Brushes / Hair Ties
- Cleaning Supplies
- Baby Wipes
- First Aid Kits
- Non-Adhesive Bandages
- Antibacterial Ointments
- Medical Tape
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Eye Drops
- Band Aids
- Children Ibuprofen
Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Take pictures of your home (both interior and exterior) for your homeowner’s insurance company.
- Hurricane winds can cause trees and branches to fall, so before hurricane season trim or remove damaged trees and limbs to keep you and your property safe.
- Secure loose rain gutters and downspouts and clear any clogged areas or debris to prevent water damage to your property.
- Reduce property damage by retrofitting to secure and reinforce the roof, windows and doors, including the garage doors with either boards, shutters, or hurricane resistant items.
- Remove debris or items that could become projectiles.
- Remember to keep generators and other alternate power/heat sources outside, at least 20 feet away from windows and doors and protected from moisture; and NEVER try to power the house wiring by plugging a generator into a wall outlet.
- Protect areas where wind can enter. Windows and doors should be secured with County-approved storm shutters. Another option is to board up windows with 5/8-inch plywood. Tape does NOT prevent windows from breaking.
- Protect electronics with surge protectors and waterproof coverings.
- Bring in lawn furniture or other outdoor items not tied down that could become airborne.
- Withdraw cash from the bank and get fuel for your vehicle, generator and other gas-powered tools.
- Listen to local officials for updates and instructions. Follow evacuation orders from local officials, if given.
- Check-in with family and friends by texting or using social media. Communicate with Managers.
- Turn your refrigerator or freezer to the coldest setting and open only when necessary. If you lose power, food will last longer. Keep a thermometer in the refrigerator to be able to check the food temperature when the power is restored.
- Do not go outside until the storm has passed and authorities have indicated that it is safe.
- Return home only when authorities indicate it is safe from evacuation.
- Watch out for debris and downed power lines.
- Ensure that the water is safe to consume.
- Be careful with candles, fires, and generators.
- Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of fast-moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Avoid flood water as it may be electrically charged from underground or downed power lines and may hide dangerous debris or places where the ground is washed away.
- Photograph the damage to your property in order to assist in filing an insurance claim.
- Do what you can to prevent further damage to your property, (e.g., putting a tarp on a damaged roof), as insurance may not cover additional damage that occurs after the storm.
Automobile & Transportation preparedness
- Keep your gas tank full in case of evacuation or power outages. Store extra in a safe manner, be cautious of container and storage for possible fatal fumes.
- Car supplies include jumper cables and cell phone chargers.
- Do not drive through flooded areas. Six inches of water can cause a vehicle to lose control or possibly stall. A foot of water will float many cars.
- Be aware of areas where floodwaters have receded. Roads may have weakened and could collapse under the weight of a car.
- If a power line falls on your car you are at risk of electrical shock, stay inside until a trained person removes the wire.
- The emergency could impact the physical stability of the roadway avoid overpasses, bridges, power lines, signs and other hazards.
- Keep car away from trees and a possible falling debris.
- The Waze Connected Citizens Program allows residents to share travel suggestions among drivers using Waze. Download the free Waze mobile application today. Source: https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes
Emergency & Evacuation Assistance Program (EEAP)
- Residents who require evacuation assistance should register for the Emergency & Evacuation Assistance Program (EEAP) before hurricane season to ensure help will be given following an evacuation order. Assistance may also be provided after an emergency. This program is for individuals with functional and access needs who live alone or with families who:
- cannot evacuate on their own due to medical or specialized transportation needs
- are homebound or bedridden, unable to walk and do not have transportation options
- are on life-sustaining medical equipment that requires electricity
- require assistance with daily living activities
- Specialized transportation, safe shelter, medical monitoring and wellness checks are among the services provided for eligible residents. A caregiver or companion should accompany the evacuee throughout the emergency period to ensure the evacuee’s needs are met in a timely manner.
- Pre-registered residents in the EEAP will receive priority. Visit the Evacuation Assistance webpage found at miamidade.gov/hurricane or call 311 to receive an application and learn more about the program.
- Residents in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or group homes must follow their own facilities’ emergency plans. Facilities implement their mutual aid agreements should they need to evacuate.
- Source: https://www.miamidade.gov/hurricane/library/guide-to-hurricane-readiness.pdf
- The Miami-Dade County Mayor can issue an order directing the evacuation of specific areas of the county deemed to be in danger, based on a hurricane’s track and projected storm surge.
- All mobile home residents should evacuate when any evacuation order is issued, regardless of their Storm Surge Planning Zone.
- Residents are encouraged to stay with family or friends who live inland in a nonevacuation area.
- Evacuation centers should only be considered as a shelter of last resort. Once an evacuation order is given, a list of open evacuation centers will be announced, along with emergency bus pick up sites that will provide transportation to and from the centers. Details will be posted on miamidade.gov and available by calling 311.
- If a designated pickup site is not located near you, use Miami-Dade Transit to get to a pickup location. Advise the bus operator of your intention to go to an emergency evacuation pickup site.
- Not every evacuation center location will open for every emergency. Decisions are based on the National Hurricane Center’s forecast in order to determine when and where landfall will occur.
- Each evacuee is allotted 20 square feet of space at an evacuation center, so bring only essential items. All evacuation centers meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements for sheltering. Service animals are permitted.
- Source: https://www.miamidade.gov/hurricane/library/guide-to-hurricane-readiness.pdf
Evacuation Centers; what to bring
- Infant and child care items such as formula, diapers, toys, etc.
- Personal hygiene items
- Comfort materials such as books, magazines, etc.
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Drinking water
- Extra clothing
- Special items for elderly or disabled family members
- It is strongly recommended to bring portable electronic devices — such as phones, tablets and battery packs — fully charged as there are limited outlets at evacuation centers.
- Source: https://www.miamidade.gov/hurricane/library/guide-to-hurricane-readiness.pdf
- Fill aluminum or plastic containers with potable water once a hurricane warning is announced.
- Plan for at least one gallon per person, per day for three to seven days. In addition, keep other containers two-thirds full with potable water and place them in your freezer for ice after a storm.
- Before filling your water containers, wash them out with soap and water and rinse them well.
- Next, fill the container with a solution of one tablespoon of unscented household chlorine bleach — the kind used for laundry — per gallon of water. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then pour out the solution and rinse the container.
- Source: https://www.miamidade.gov/hurricane/library/guide-to-hurricane-readiness.pdf
- Non-perishable food might not sound particularly delicious to you, especially if you prefer the flavor of fresh, crisp meals. But even though most non-perishable food items out there aren’t winning any taste tests — or beauty contests, for that matter— these products could possibly save your life someday. We don’t know about you, but we think that’s a quality all of us can appreciate.
- In a worst-case scenario you need healthy non-perishable food that will keep in order to sustain you and your loved ones for at least a few days. But even if you never personally experience such an event, it’s still valuable to inform yourself about the best non-perishable food out there. After all, it can also come in handy for fun activities like camping and backpacking. Additionally, your extra healthy non-perishable foods can be donated to families in need. On top of all that, it’s always good to have a general sense of preparedness when you’re stocking the pantry. You never know who — or what — may drop by for a surprise!
- No one likes to think about the possibility of an emergency situation, but the truth is that being unprepared for a real crisis is so much worse than just dreading it. Even if you’re safe location-wise during a nightmare scenario, you and your loved ones will still need to eat until it’s safe to move elsewhere — and the last thing you want is to be scared and starving at the same time. That’s why stocking up on filling and healthy non-perishable food well in advance is an absolute must, especially if you live in an area that is at high risk for disasters.
- Ready.gov recommends storing at least a three-day supply from its list of the best healthy non-perishable foods for emergency situations.
- Source: https://www.firstforwomen.com/posts/non-perishable-food-159219
Best Non-Perishable Foods for Emergencies
- Beef stew, chili, and similar meals with low salt, sugar, & saturated fats
- Dried or canned legumes such as peas, lentils, peanuts, and beans
- Pureed foods such as sweet potato, pumpkin, and applesauce
- Canned fruit, especially with low sugar (but no artificial sweeteners)
- Canned fish such as salmon, tuna, and sardines
- Canned chicken, tuna, beef and turkey
- Peanut butter (plastic jars are preferred)
- Canned vegetables with low sodium such as green beans and corn
- Grains that are whole, like brown rice, oatmeal
- Snacks like granola, breakfast bars, or nuts
- Condiments like salsa, oil, or salt-free seasonings
- Canned tomato & pasta sauces
- Baby formula
- Jars of baby food & Infant cereal
- Powdered or canned milk
- Dry cereal
- Pancake mix & syrups
- Concentrated Juice Boxes
- Dried noodles, pasta
- Beef Jerky & other dried meats
- Dehydrated foods
- Dried fruits
- Fruit drinks
- High-energy foods such as raisins
Additional Preparedness items
- Cash, Cash Alternatives & Documents
– Have ready cash; power outages may cause ATM machines to be unavailable.
– Traveler’s Checks are a good secondary alternative
– Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records saved electronically or in a waterproof, portable container
– Fill and/or purchase propane gas canisters for your barbeque grill
– Matches or lighter in a waterproof container
– Extra batteries; recharge any rechargeable batteries for light sources
– Propane gas canisters & mantles for camping lanterns
- Prescriptions & Medications:
– Place additional orders for required prescription medications
– Non-prescription medications such as pain relievers, anti-diarrhea medication, antacids or laxatives
– Glasses and contact lenses solution
– Infant formula, bottles, diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream
– Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person
– Complete change of clothing appropriate for your climate and sturdy shoes
– Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper to disinfect water
– Fire extinguisher
– Paper and pencil
– Personal hygiene items
– Mess kits, paper cups, plates, paper towels and plastic utensils
– Keep kits in a plastic or metal container and in an accessible location that is cool and dry
– Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
– Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape
– Pet food and extra water for your pet
– Medications for your pet
– Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert
– Whistle to signal for help
– Cell phone with chargers and a backup battery
– Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
– Manual can opener for food
Reguladores otorgan aprobación a Banesco USA por la adquisición de Brickell Bank
Miami, FL –20 de agosto de 2019– Banesco USA, anunció hoy que recibió comunicaciones finales de la Corporación Federal de Seguro de Depósitos (FDIC) y la Agencia de Regulación Financiera de Florida (OFR), aprobando su adquisición de Brickell Bank. Al cierre de la adquisición, Brickell Bank se fusionará con Banesco USA, y la institución resultante será Banesco USA. La conversión completa de los sistemas de la institución fusionada está programada tentativamente para este otoño.
“Esta es una ocasión trascendental en la historia de Banesco, y estamos muy entusiasmados de que Brickell Bank sea una opción sinérgica en varios niveles”, comentó Carlos Palomares, Presidente de la Junta de Directores de Banesco USA.
Las dos organizaciones firmaron un Acuerdo y un Plan de Fusión para que Brickell Bank sea adquirido por Banesco USA Bank, que se anunció el 14 de mayo de 2019.
Una vez que se complete la conversión, los clientes de Brickell Bank disfrutarán de propuestas de productos y servicio al cliente más amplias, mientras que Banesco USA podrá ingresar al área de Brickell. El banco comprador también mejorará su presencia en los segmentos de hipotecas residenciales y financiamiento de operaciones comerciales. “A nivel geográfico, ahora tenemos presencia en el sur de la Florida, lo que incluye la importante área de Brickell. Además, el modelo empresarial de Brickell Bank expande nuestra propuesta a segmentos como los de hipotecas residenciales y financiamiento de operaciones comerciales. En pocas palabras, cuidar de nuestros valiosos clientes es la principal prioridad y esta sociedad mejora muchísimo nuestro valor agregado”, añadió Jorge Salas, Presidente y CEO de Banesco USA.
Además, la adquisición acelera el impulso de Banesco USA, que ya reportó un crecimiento récord en 2018 en sus ingresos y resultados financieros, expansión a nuevos mercados, que incluye un nuevo centro de negocios en Aventura, Florida, además de haber obtenido recientemente el premio “Business of the Year Award” del South Florida Business Journal.
Sobre Banesco USA
Fundado en 2006 y con sede en Coral Gables, Banesco USA es un banco independiente autorizado por el estado de Florida con $1.3 mil millones en activos a fecha del 31 de marzo de 2019. Banesco USA es completamente independiente de Banesco en otros países y sus depósitos están asegurados por la FDIC. El banco tiene cinco sucursales en el sur de Florida: Coral Gables, Doral, Hialeah, Weston y Aventura; y una en San Juan, Puerto Rico. Visite www.BanescoUSA.com para obtener información.
Contacto de prensa:
Pinta for Banesco USA
(305) 615-1111 ext. 114
Banesco USA is ranked #5 in “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Miami”
MIAMI – August 13th, 2019 – Banesco USA announced that it has been ranked #5 in Growjo’s “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Miami”. The bank’s ranking is based on a series of high-growth indicators that include employee size, brand awareness, funding, acquisitions, hiring plans, new locations and additional trigger events that formulate and predict the company is growing at an increased rate and/or is poised to grow significantly over the next 3-6 months, according to Growjo.
“We are proud of the recognition and of the collective efforts of our entire team, which is without doubt our biggest asset,” said Jorge Salas, Banesco USA President and CEO.
Rankings on Growjo 10000 reports are based on a data point algorithm formulated to identify companies that are on a steadily increasing growth path, according Tom Blue, CEO of Growjo. “We are excited to share the achievements of the company rankings on our site because they represent the highest growing companies and those companies that are predictively poised for growth in the foreseeable future,” he said.
As further evidence of the company’s growth, the Coral Gables-based bank announced recently it has entered into an agreement to acquire Brickell Branch. Geographically, this is an entrée to the Brickell corridor which remains the epicenter of finance both here and across the region. The bank also reported 2018 increases in its total loans by 16 percent, total assets by 19 percent, and deposits by 20 percent as well as receiving a capital injection of $11 million from its shareholders to close the year.
Banesco USA ocupa el puesto n.° 5 en “Las 100 compañías de más rápido crecimiento en Miami”
MIAMI – 13 de agosto de 2019 – Banesco USA anunció que ha sido clasificada como la número 5 en las “100 compañías de más rápido crecimiento en Miami”. La clasificación del banco se basa en una serie de indicadores de alto crecimiento que incluyen el tamaño de la plantilla de empleados, el reconocimiento de la marca, la financiación, las adquisiciones, los planes de contratación, las nuevas ubicaciones y los eventos de activación adicionales que formulan y predicen que la compañía está creciendo a un ritmo acelerado y/o está preparado para crecer significativamente en los próximos 3-6 meses, según Growjo.
Estamos orgullosos del reconocimiento y del esfuerzo colectivo de todo nuestro equipo, que es sin duda nuestro mayor activo ”, dijo Jorge Salas, Presidente y CEO de Banesco USA.
Las clasificaciones en los informes Growjo 10000 se basan en un algoritmo de puntos por datos formulado para identificar empresas que están en una senda de crecimiento en constante desarrollo, según Tom Blue, CEO de Growjo. “Estamos entusiasmados por compartir los logros de las clasificaciones de las empresas en nuestro sitio porque representan a las empresas de mayor crecimiento y aquellas que se pronostican van a crecer en el futuro próximo”, dijo.
Como evidencia adicional del crecimiento de la compañía, el banco con sede en Coral Gables anunció recientemente que ha firmado un acuerdo para adquirir Brickell Branch. Geográficamente, esta es una entrada al corredor de Brickell que sigue siendo el epicentro de las finanzas tanto aquí como en toda la región. El banco también informó incrementos en 2018 en sus préstamos totales en un 16 por ciento, activos totales en un 19 por ciento y depósitos en un 20 por ciento, además de recibir una inyección de capital de $11 millones de sus accionistas para cerrar el año.
What to Look for in a Bank for Your International Business
An international business, by definition, has either clients or foreign providers. Thus, a qualified financial entity is necessary to allow it to receive and make payments and perform other relevant business transactions.
The Cambridge Business Dictionary describes international banking as financial arrangements, such as lending money, for companies and banks in other countries. International banking is just like any other banking service, but it takes place across different nations.
South Florida is home to many multinational companies. Therefore, we naturally have several individuals concerned with global banking services for transacting business.
For these international businesses, having a relationship with a bank that offers international banking services is essential. These services range from payment accounts to lending. An international bank will facilitate international business arrangements and transactions that may be unfeasible for domestic banks.
International banks are key facilitators of international trade, fulfilling an important role not covered by other institutions. These include offering payroll services for companies with employees and contractors in other countries, or letters of credit to ensure that companies in different countries pay one another for goods and services. They also offer financing services to support the capital required to import and export goods.
What is the Best US Bank for International Business?
Here are some important things to consider:
- Currencies: In many cases, it will be essential that the bank you select deals in multiple currencies regularly as Banesco USA does.
- Accessibility and Presence: An international bank should provide the customer the ability to do business with ease in foreign countries, and in some cases even have a branch presence in relevant local markets.
- International Transactions: The ability to make international bill payments without major interruption is critical to these companies as they pay and also receive money.
- Qualified Customer Support: It’s also important that the bank you choose has personnel and call center support that is experienced and trained in the transactions and languages common to your international business.
- Robust Online and Mobile Banking Platform: These platforms can be essential to doing business across countries with different time zones and bank holidays that differ from your own, helping to reduce unnecessary delays and interruptions in business throughout the year.
- Specialized International Teams: Having bankers with a deep understanding of various industries, cultures, and business environments is invaluable in running an international business.
Banesco USA International Banking Services
Banesco USA offers a wide range of international banking services including:
- Experience: Banesco USA’s international roots create an institution attuned to the needs of diverse and increasingly international communities. This includes international personal banking services that are attractive to many business owners.
- Presence: Representative offices in 13 countries and territories via its affiliation with Banesco International and partner companies (Argentina, Colombia, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Mexico, Panama, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and Venezuela).
- Business Checking Accounts: With features like unlimited checks, no maintenance fees when maintaining the minimum daily balance required, online and mobile banking, electronic statements at no charge.
- Business Savings Accounts: With features to open savings accounts online, interest earned credited into your account at the end of the statement cycle, no maintenance fees when maintaining the minimum daily balance required, online and mobile banking, and electronic statements at no charge.
- Money Market Accounts: Immediate account access, interest earned credited into your account at the end of the statement cycle, no maintenance fees when maintaining the minimum daily balance required, online and mobile banking, electronic statements at no charge.
- Certificates of Deposits: Competitive rates and a wide variety of terms for international business customers, from 30 days to 5 years. You can choose your own payment schedule, either monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or at maturity. CDs are subject to early withdrawal penalties.
- Partnership with Local Agency: Where we refer our customers for investment needs.
Don’t forget to make sure to have all your documents are up-to-date to open an account.
What Will an International Bank Need From You?
For international banking, the bank will:
- Confirm your identity: Normally, all banks will need official documents to confirm your identity for safety purposes.
- Ask about your overall business goals and expectations: a bank will need to understand the nature of your business and what you want to achieve moving forward.
- Inquire about the origin of your deposits: a bank will need specific information on large deposits.
- Ask for legitimate references: banks need to confirm if it’s a reputable company.
- Analyze your risk as a customer: banks need to know if you would be able to pay back loans.
If you are looking to open an International Business Account, you can reach one of Banesco USA’s experienced personal bankers by calling +1 (888) 228-1597, or by visiting one of our convenient branch locations.
Banesco USA Welcomed Future Banker’s Camp Interns
This June, Banesco USA welcomed a group of high school students participating in the Future Bankers’ Camp to intern. Miami Dade College’s (MDC) School of Business, the center for Financial Training at MDC, CareerSource of South Florida and Cuban American National Council (CNC) come together to host their 12th Annual Future Bankers’ Camp.
Future Banker’s Camp provides a hand-on experience for high school students interested in a financial services career. The program allows students to further develop their math, communication and financial literacy skills by participating in a specialized internship program. Upon successful completion of the camp, students are eligible to receive the American Bankers Association Bank Teller Certificate and can continue working on obtaining an associate degree in financial services.
With more than 31 local banks/ financial institutions participating in the Future Bank’s Camp, Banesco USA is proud to collaborate and host 4 students in this innovative educational program. “We are honored to have hosted 4 interns who had the opportunity to learn from our experienced team of bankers. Nothing makes us prouder than educating young students about a future finance career with real world examples” said our CEO, Jorge Salas.
4 Reasons to Bank with Banesco USA
Get to know South Florida’s best community bank
There is certainly no shortage of banks in South Florida from which to choose. From the national megabanks to tiny credit unions, our area features plenty of a selection when it comes to financial institutions. However, there is one community bank that has recently been standing out among its peers and consistently winning over South Florida’s choosy and diverse customers, and that bank is Banesco USA.
To answer why, here are four reasons to bank with Banesco USA:
1. More Than Local
Banesco USA is local in a way that is different from other community banks. Headquartered in Coral Gables, Banesco has four branches in South Florida including Doral, Hialeah, Weston, and its newest branch coming soon to Aventura. In addition, for those in the community with business ties to Puerto Rico, there is also a branch on the island. And, this is one of the key things that makes Banesco different: Banesco USA is an independent offshoot of Banesco International, a worldwide group of financial institutions with a presence in 15 countries.
Banesco USA’s international roots reflect South Florida’s own makeup, creating an institution attuned to the needs of a diverse and increasingly international community. This is of major importance to a great many residents. That’s because for years, many of South Florida’s personal and business bank customers have struggled with local and national banks that have failed to properly understand their realities.
Families and entrepreneurs from different countries have often found it hard to get their local bankers to appreciate that they may, for example, have incomes and assets in other markets, or skills and experience from companies and institutions that may not immediately recognize, but that are nonetheless transferable and valuable in the marketplace. Banesco understands this customer just as much as they understand the native and long-standing resident that calls them neighbors, customers, and business partners.
2. Financial Strength
An FDIC insured and Florida chartered bank, Banesco USA has been on a roll, experiencing solid, steady growth and projecting a very positive outlook for the future. In fact, 2018 was a record year for the bank and is also notable for a major vote of confidence given to it by its stockholders.
In fact, for the year ending December 2018, the bank recorded growth in all of the major categories that one expects from a healthy and thriving bank, increasing loan totals by 16 percent, increasing assets to the tune of 19 percent and an increasing deposits by 20 percent. Top marks for any bank and especially for a local community bank in a competitive market like South Florida.
That performance and the success of its formula for winning over customers was rewarded by stockholders in January 2019 with a capital injection of nearly $12 million dollars. What formula, you ask?
3. Digital Convenience and Human Touch
Let’s face it, not all banks get technology right and some even forget the importance of personal attention along the way. Not Banesco USA. The bank’s customers will tell you that Banesco USA is able to service clients with a wide range of personal and commercial needs, and strikes a great balance of digital innovation with a human touch. This feedback is born out of countless satisfaction surveys and has the bank innovating at a rate uncommon for an organization of its size.
This is most evident in Banesco USA’s best-in-class online and mobile banking solutions, as well as in its practice of making real people readily available to customers. You see, the community bank succeeds where other banks often struggle to properly balance efficiency and real customer service.
That’s because the bank’s approach to technology has not been about cost-cutting and pushing people to apps. Its mission has been for customers to recognize a tangible difference in Banesco USA – one that combines the personal touch of a strong local bank with the kind of convenience and time savings that today’s technologies do a great job of delivering.
4. A Great Bank for Small and Medium Businesses
Banesco USA also succeeds for local businesses where national banks often fall short, namely the SMB lending market. This is an area where the bank is particularly well-suited to compete with loans ranging from $2 million to $20 million – a sweet spot for South Florida, a market dominated by smaller businesses.
Whether it’s businesses seeking commercial real estate mortgages, other commercial loans or SBA loans, Banesco has been proving itself as a leading and worthy contender to win their business. That’s because Banesco’s people understand the ins and out of expanding a business, the need for new equipment or simply improving cash flow, the bread and butter of banking.
There are a lot of banks in South Florida to be sure, but only one is making its mark in the way that Banesco USA is – by looking outside for innovation, but building products, services and customer experiences with our community squarely in mind.
If you’re interested in learning more about Banesco USA and our services, you can reach one of our experienced personal bankers by calling +1 (888) 228-1597, or by visiting one of our convenient branch locations.
BANESCO USA Firma Acuerdo Para Adquirir Brickell Bank
Adquisición marca año de hitos para Banesco USA el cual recién anuncio crecimiento record, expansión a nuevos mercados y fue premiado “Negocio del Año” por South Florida Business Journal
MIAMI, FL – 14 DE MAYO DE 2019 – Banesco USA, recientemente nombrado “Negocio del Año” por South Florida Business Journal, anunció hoy un acuerdo para adquirir a Brickell Bank de su principal accionista, Banco Espirito Santo, SA Liquidación (“BES”). La entidad combinada llevará el nombre y la marca corporativa de Banesco USA. La transacción está sujeta a aprobación regulatoria.
El acuerdo impulsa aun mas a Banesco USA, el cual ha experimentado un crecimiento récord en cuanto ingresos y rentabilidad y continúa su expansión a nuevos mercados incluyendo la esperada apertura de un nuevo centro de negocios en Aventura, Florida.
“Estamos encantados de anunciar esta transacción y creemos que Brickell Bank representa un complemento excepcionalmente estratégico en múltiples niveles,” dijo Jorge Salas, presidente y director ejecutivo de Banesco USA. “Geográficamente, representa una entrada a la zona de Brickell que sigue siendo el epicentro de las finanzas aquí y para la región. Además, el modelo de negocios de Brickell Bank refuerza la estrategia de Banesco USA al abrir puertas a otros niveles en los segmentos de hipotecas residenciales y financiamiento comercial.
Brickell Bank, ubicado en el centro de Brickell y fundado en 1973, ofrece una amplia gama de servicios financieros personales y corporativos para su clientela local e internacional.
“Estamos entusiasmados con el potencial de ser parte de Banesco USA y lo que significa para nuestros clientes. Los recursos, la escala, la huella geográfica y el conjunto completo de productos y servicios bancarios de Banesco USA resultarán en servicios expandidos para nuestros clientes y tendrán un mayor alcance,” dijo G. Frederick Reinhardt, Presidente y CEO de Brickell Bank. “El 2019 ha tenido un comienzo sobresaliente con la firma de este acuerdo de fusión y el levantamiento de la orden de consentimiento AML / BSA,” continuó el Sr. Reinhardt.
Banesco USA es una institución con profundas raíces en las comunidades a las que sirve, teniendo un sólido balance y un historial exitoso de adquisición e integración de instituciones financieras. Su misión es proporcionar la mejor y más segura experiencia bancaria respaldada por nuevas tecnologías capaces de hacer la banca más cada vez mas conveniente para sus clientes. Banesco USA tanto como Brickell Bank son empresas altamente comprometidas con sus comunidades, y la entidad combinada continuará apoyando un fuerte programa de reinversión comunitaria.
Avila Rodriguez Hernandez Mena & Ferri LLP se desempeñaron como asesores legales de Banesco USA y Shutts & Bowen LLP se desempeñó como asesor legal de Brickell Bank.
Sobre Banesco USA
Fundado en 2006 y con sede en Coral Gables, Banesco USA es un banco independiente del estado de la Florida (https://banescousa.com/OFR-Cert-of-Good-Standing.pdf) con $ 1.3billion en activos desde el 31 de marzo de 2019. Banesco USA es un holding independiente y sus depósitos están asegurados por la FDIC. El banco tiene cuatro sucursales en el sur de la Florida: Coral Gables, Doral, Hialeah y Weston; y uno en San Juan, Puerto Pico. Además, tiene previsto abrir una sucursal en Aventura, FL, en el segundo trimestre de 2019. Banesco USA tiene una calificación de 5 estrellas del servicio de calificación de Bauer Financial y una calificación de BB-Fitch. Visita a www.BanescoUSA.com para mayor información.
Sobre Brickell BankBrickell Bank, Florida, con sede en Florida desde 1973, se dedica a a proporcionar servicios de gestión patrimonial, servicios bancarios personales y corporativos, préstamos inmobiliarios residenciales y comerciales, seguros y servicios de financiación a individuos, instituciones y corporaciones nacionales e internacionales. Brickell Bank ofrece servicios de Wealth Management a sus clientes de Banca Privada a través de su agente y corredor, Brickell Global Markets, Inc. (miembro de FIINRA / SIPC), servicios de asesoría de inversiones a través de Brickell Global Advisory, Inc. un asesor de inversiones registrado en Florida y soluciones de seguros a través de Brickell Global Insurance, Inc. Para obtener información adicional, visite www.brickellbankmiami.com